Balletto Vineyards & Winery
I recently learned about Balletto Vineyards & Winery‘s incredible self-guided vineyard tour which includes their hidden gem: the Balletto Field of Dreams Full-Sized Baseball Diamond snugged up below the irrigation pond, right in the vines. The tour is fun to walk, well-structured and well-explained, covering all sorts of information and offering great explanations about farming. Speaking of farming, Balletto Vineyards is BASED on farming; the family originally farmed vegetables prior to becoming grape growers. As they say: “As grape growers first, we strongly feel that with good grapes comes good wine. We invite you to come Taste the Bounty that is Balletto.” Recently picking up yet more golds from the Sonoma County Harvest Fair for pinot, Balletto offers great hospitality in their TR daily as well as The Balletto Bounty Club for great discounts, events and perks. Balletto farms 500 acres in the Russian River Valley AVA, selling 90% of the fruit to other wineries, and using the remaining delicious 10% to make about 15 thousand cases annually.
Balletto is an expression of the seasons of the year as it is so strongly tied to the seasonal rhythms of the vineyards in which it is located. From the roses at the end of the rows of the vineyards to the Sunday employee baseball games in the Field of Dreams, Balletto is a reflection of the weather, growing seasons and incredible bounty produced in their estate vineyards.